As many of you already know, data storytelling is one of the hottest non-technical trends in the tech-related space today. Today’s guest, Scott Taylor, ‘The Data Whisperer’ believes it’s time that we expand the realm of data storytelling to include the role of data management by telling stories about data!
In this episode, you'll learn:
- [0:04:30] Why Scott believes that every enterprise has two kinds of data stories to tell and what they are.
- [0:07:56] Why he wrote Telling Your Data Story and how you can benefit from reading it.
- [0:11:20] The difference between telling stories with data and telling stories about data.
- [0:12:07] The importance of determining the truth in your data before deriving meaning from it.
- [0:17:06] Common why’s that Scott has seen and the value of keeping it simple.
- [0:23:40] How to use simple analogies to keep your data narrative going.
- [0:29:51] Techniques Scott teaches in the book and how to know which one is best for you.
- [0:38:10] Three steps to get started with data storytelling for data management and some of Scott’s favorite reads and resources.
- [0:42:21] A bonus tip from Scott about knowing what you want from a conversation.
For full show notes, and the links mentioned visit: https://bibrainz.com/podcast/87
Enjoyed the Show?
Please leave us a review on iTunes.