We invited Wayne to the podcast to talk about his “federated approach” to a successful BICC. Wayne covers the main reasons why BICCs don’t succeed and shares his thoughts on what’s changed and what’s disrupted the notion of BICC. We also discuss the roles and the types of people you need for a BICC “dream team.”
- Why a taking what Wayne calls a “federated approach” is the key to success in your BI Competency Center.
- What is a Competency Center why is it important.
- Why a BICC should be a ‘Business Intelligence Confidence and Credibility Center’ to be successful.
- How to 0vercome the 3 biggest BICC challenges: business vs IT needs, top down vs bottom up data, and efficiency vs effectiveness.
- Wayne’s advice on how to get business owners to take ownership of BI initiatives.
- Wayne cracks the code on what the BICC team should look like.
- How BI Directors should deal with shadow IT.
- Who should market the BI solutions and why.
- One of the biggest mistakes most companies make when setting up their BICC.
- The brutal truth about outsourcing (when it comes to BI).
- Wayne’s tips on how BI Directors should deal with shadow IT.
Get full show notes and more information here: http://analyticsonfire.com/6